I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Monday, May 7, 2012

17 MONTHS OLD

Hi friends...

Can you believe I am 17 months old already?

Whew!  It doesn't seem possible that this much time has flown by.

I am doing so well.

I weight about 18 pounds.

I am rolling over more and more everyday, and if I see something, I go get it.  It may take me awhile, grunting and breathing hard, but I roll my way over.

I do get "stuck" sometimes and I am finally loud enough that my family can hear if I cry.  It's WONDERFUL!!  (This is kind of funny because how many families do you know that are so happy to hear their baby cry loud?  My family LOVES it because that means that my vocal cords can make sound!)

I am 100% eating a bottle during the day, but am still being tube-fed at night.  My belly is still pretty small and  doesn't hold the amount of liquid I need on a daily basis, so I have to get the extra liquid and calories at night.

My parents want my g-tube out so badly because now that I am getting more active, I am also "leaking" more because the food gets pushed out of the g-tube hole, so they are changing my bandages more often than ever now.

I also know that this "tube" shouldn't be here because I pull at it every single chance I get.

I love people...I AM SO SOCIAL, and I still do not want to be left alone.

I am still pretty flopsy.  I can hold my head up for a little bit, but then I get tired and it's hard for me.  I am working really hard at sitting up, and as long as someone helps me, I can do it for a few seconds.

My special friends from The Learning Center come to see me.  I see a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, a vision lady and this month, I will start to see a speech therapist too.

My eyes are still having a hard time focusing in one direction at the same time, but we are working on it.  AND....they know I can see because I bat at everything.

The only noises I make are a growl, but if you say "hi Benjamin" to me, I will growl back at you.

I do however LAUGH outloud when my family tickles me or plays "peek-a-boo" with me.  It sounds like a "whisper" laugh, but it is a belly laugh indeed!

I have 6 teeth and they are coming "in" in very strange places.  My doctor isn't sure if this is a condition of my chromosome translocation or what, but I look like a little vampire...AND...I love to bite anything I can get my hands on.  He thinks we will be visiting the dentist to "see" what is in store.  As you know, I AM ALWAYS FULL OF SURPRISES.  (Truth be told, I like to keep these people on their toes and guessing about me.  Gives them something to do, right?)


I love walks and to go to the store.  My mommy is so grateful.  She feels like a free bird and loves it! 

My head is still pretty crooked, but the 2 helmets that I have just didn't work and I DIDN'T LIKE THEM NOT ONE LITTLE BIT.  My mommy finally decided that something had to go.  I was pulling at my g-tube and pulling at my helmet and crying non-stop, so she chose the helmet and now I am back to my happy self.

My daddy gave me a "buzz" hoping that my hair will grow in more quickly so that we can hide my flat spot.

My life is amazing.  My family says that I arrived to make them the people they were supposed to be all along and I love that.

Life is a precious thing my friends.  It's the small things that can sometimes make the biggest difference.

I love you all very much and I am truly grateful for your support.

Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment