I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Friday, May 18, 2012

LIFE IS AMAZING!

LIFE IS AMAZING!!  (but I am sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know already, right?)

I have been TOTALLY "well" for over a month now and I love it (so does my family because I am in THE BEST MOOD when I feel good.)

I have some really "cool" teeth that are cutting in some "strange" places and I LOVE to BITE anything I can get into my mouth with...hands, fingers, toys, and even my dog's leg. (poor Sammie)  My doctor says I will need to go to see the dentist in the next few months so they can x-ray to see what is going on with my teeth.  You know me...I'm full of surprises.

We're working really hard at "sitting" up, but I'm still pretty floppy.  My head is really heavy, so some days I do better than others.

I still weigh about 18 pounds so I get pretty heavy after awhile because I don't offer my mom much help "supporting" my own body...not to mention that I still love to arch backwards and hang upside down like a bat.  I just like looking at the world from that view...it's familiar to me.  :) 

As for toys go, I love anything that lights up but my real joy is still with people.  I don't EVER want to be left by myself, so my mom has a "chair" or a "blanket" or a "swing" in every room of our house, so she can bring me with her and keep me happy as she does what she needs to do everyday.

I LOVE to go out on walks (at night when the sun goes down) and shopping too.  The lights in the store make me happy, but the "sunshine" makes me frustrated.  So when we do go out, I usually have a blanket over me it it's too bright.  (My mom is just THRILLED she has her freedom to go "out" with me, so she'll do whatever it takes to keep me happy.)

My legs are getting stronger because my dad can hold me up and with much support of course, I will bare my own weight for a few seconds before I collapse them. This is huge improvement because before I would never bare any weight on my legs at all.

I eat a bottle all day long and I eat by a tube at night.  

Slow but SURE progress...

As Samuel Smiles says:  "Progress, of the best kind, is comparatively slow.  Great results cannot be achieved at once; and we must be satisfied to advance in life as we walk, step by step.

I think I would have liked Samuel Smiles...

Make it a beautiful day friends and I hope you know how much I love you.

Benjamin





1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of Ben! This blog is awesome, Tamara, I love it. I want to see that little guy again soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete