I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NEW MIC KEY BUTTON DAY

Hello Friends!

So much great news, I hardly know where to start!!

I am sucking on a bottle now without doing a "choking" sound/behavior 

It is only a few drops at a time, but that's okay because that is way MORE than I was doing.

We keep trying the bigger nipple (thankful for my mommy's friend who told her about the bigger nipple) and   pactice with it seems to be helping me and making it easier because I am doing what I wasn't a couple of weeks ago...

I am still eating sweet potatos and loving them.  They've tried some other things with me, but I keep coming back to banana's and sweet potatos.

My family was noticing a really bad smell coming from my belly (like a REALLY BAD SMELL) and my mic key button was really tight to my stomach. (sort of like if you had a tight pair of pants on and the button was squooshing into your belly..that's what it's like.)

My mommy called the hospital that originally put it in and they told her that I had probably outgrown it and would need a bigger size.

So...today was the day...the piece that my family tries so hard to "keep in" my belly came out and a new one was put in.

It was a snap!!

My daddy helped my mommy, but he got really sick to his stomach.

I don't know if it is the NASTY, NASTY smell coming from me or it was seeing a hole in my tummy that made him feel light headed, but either way, it's probably good he's not in the medical field.

My mommy wishes she didn't have to put it back in at all, but "I" think this will be the "first AND the last" time she will have to do this because as soon as I can sustain my growth with food/bottle, we can kick this feeding tube out of our house for good.  :)

That will be an exciting day for SURE!!

But..until then, we remain SO grateful that there is a way I can eat and we are thankful for our blessings!!

Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment