I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I CAN SWALLOW AND PROTECT MY AIRWAY!!

Oh Happy Day!!

I had my swallow study today and they fed me a bottle while my parents watched it go "DOWN" the right place (on an imaging screen)...AND......NOTHING ran into my lungs!!

YEA!!  I CAN SWALLOW AND PROTECT MY AIRWAY!!

So...this means that my parents can "safely" start trying to teach me to eat by mouth (suck a bottle.)  I know that this sounds really "easy" - suck and move your tongue and swallow, but for me..it's been a struggle...

My family is SO excited!!

These g-tube days will be over as soon as I can get the hang of it and eat enough food by mouth that I continue to grow.

Once this happens, my parents can pull my g-tube out and and let the hole in my stomach "close up" all by itself (will be as small as a "pinhole" in a couple of days.)  That will be a WONDERFUL DAY!!

Really EXCITING STUFF!!

My mom was introduced to a new book called:  "How Smart Is Your Baby."  This has some really "non-traditional" ideas in it, but remember...I am a "non-traditional" baby, so my mom and dad really like some of the ideas in it and are willing to check it out...(I guess having a baby like me makes them open up a bit.)

My parents still don't know what I "see" but this books gives them a really good thoughts..

"MAYBE" the "visual pathways" aren't working correctly...

It has some great ideas on "how" to stimulate those pathways, so they are trying a few with me...

Light being a big part of opening the pathways...

Purposely making my eyes dilate and constrict over and over and over...many times a day..

Only time will tell what is really going on, right..

I'm a mystery and I like to keep everyone "guessing" - it wouldn't be "normal" for me if I didn't.  :)

Thank you to all my friends and family who "read" about me and send my family messages...they mean so much and they have really uplifted my mom when she needed it..

(She's used to being a "career" mom, so she wouldn't be telling the truth if she said it hasn't been an "adjustment."  She's so thankful for me though and IS THANKFUL THAT SHE CAN BE WITH ME.)

Watching me develop is an absolute miracle..(and who says modern day miracles don't happen..they ABSOLUTELY DO!!  :)

Loves to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment