I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 122

Today is Tuesday...it ended on a great note of sleep, sleep and more sleep...

I was pretty cranky for the first part of the day..this is my fussy time for sure...

Today was my "hearing test."  SIDE NOTE:  I have already had two other "attempts" at this test while I was at the bigger hospital, but during the test, they wanted me to stay "still" and I didn't like to have people put things "into" my ear, so I never would stay "still"...SO..I never "officially" passed the test..(my mommy was told the state is "requiring" that I get one??)

My mommy has witnessed me startle very easily anytime there is a noise, so she knows that my hearing is JUST FINE, so this is more of a formality.

It took my mommy about 45 minutes to even get me ready to go with all of my medical "stuff" and THANK GOODNESS NANA is here still. (She helps us so much.)

I am not a very good traveler because I don't love my car seat.

After 45 minutes at my appointment, they were able to test my right ear and I am happy to report that it is all "normal."

BUT..when they went to test my left ear, I started to cry and cry and cry and scream (very quiet "scream" for me.)

The Doctor looked inside of my ear and said that it looks totally normal,  He said that he's seen babies "cry" and then "settle" down before, but I am the first baby that he saw behave "in pain" like this...

I am always full of surprises..

Based on my behavior, my mommy knew this thing in my ear was hurting really badly, so after 8 attempts of trying to get the thing in my left ear, she asked him to stop and give me a break.

It was then decided that I would have to come back a different day to get the left ear done..(as we left, they scheduled me with a "different" Doctor for next week..not "sure" why, but maybe I'll have better luck with the next try..)

When I got home, I slept AND slept AND slept AND slept.

My mommy has never seen me sleep like this before (except when I was totally zonked out with sedation after my surgery.)

I guess this wore me out today...

A friend of my mommy's sent her a message that made her feel happy...her friend said that she was "happy" to hear that my mommy was "driving" me to the Doctor instead of me still "being" at the hospital. 

She is SO SO RIGHT!!  My life is so much better to be here at home.

I am a happy boy!!

Feeling pretty grateful for all of our blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment