I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Thursday, April 7, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 124

Today is Thursday..

It is a very interesting day for sure!

I didn't sleep very well at all last night.

I slept on & off until 3:30 this morning and then I wanted out of my bed, so I cried & mommy came to get me.  (She knows it's not good to come to me every time I cry, but she can't help herself.  She has seen me go through too much in my life to leave me crying.  I am sure I will use this to my advantage - he he.)

About that same time, my mommy heard my Nana "up" with my sister who was throwing up.

My poor sister..she has the flu...bad....

She threw up SO many times today and was in a lot of pain, so she stayed at ONE of end the house on the couch with my Nana while my mommy kept me as far away as possible on the other end of the house.

See, since my Nissen Surgery, I can't throw up very well or burp very well at all without some major force, so my mommy can't afford for me to get the flu.  The flu is miserable, but a person WITH a Nissen AND the flu can be way more miserable...

My mommy felt so bad that she couldn't take care of my sister AND me at the same time.  :-(

On a different note..

The home health care nurse came today and I now weight 8 pounds 8.5 ounces.  I am a big boy from when I was born at 3 pounds 14 ounces.

The nurse told my mommy that she needed to not be so "stressed" out about me, because I am doing so great! 

That is good advice from someone who has only met me twice, but it's easier "said" than "done" for my mommy.  She's spent A LOT of time with me in the NICU & noone knows me like she does or what my patterns are...I guess my mommy is a little hyper sensitive, but I guess she thinks that she has "earned" the right to be a little hyper-sensitive.  She's a pretty "down-to-earth" kind of person and as I grow and adjust, so will her stress level. 

(I think the nurse saw that my mommy was in sweats with crazy, "no sleep" hair, so maybe this is why she gave her advice.) 

BUT...

My mommy has waited for a long time to wear sweats and have crazy "no sleep" hair" so it's all good...it's all good..

We are super blessed...I am very thankful for my Nana today AND for a daddy who is supportive of my mommy staying home with me and wearing sweats and having crazy "no sleep" hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment