I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Friday, April 15, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 132

Today is Friday..

Had a really fussy day at one end of the house and my brother had a fussy day at the other end as he's fighting a cold.  My mommy needs to keep us apart so I stay well..

This has been a tough cold season for my brother and sister..

My daddy drew out for a turkey permit, so he went "scouting" for his big hunt tomorrow...

We also had a little of a scare today because my mommy went to give me my medication for my reflux (Axid) and noticed that the dosage was "different" on the "new" prescription refill than what she had been giving me before..

The "new" bottle said I was supposed to get .5 "ml" but my mommy had been giving me 1/2 "teaspoon" because that is what the last prescription bottle said..

So, she called the pharmacy & the pharmacist admitted that the dosage was typed WRONG on the last prescription bottle. 

He was concerned & told my mommy that he needed to do some "research" & would call her back.

My mommy called poison control & found out that she had been overdosing me...giving me 5x the dosage that I should have been getting E-V-E-R-Y single day since 3/28/2011 & today is 4/15/2011. YIKES!!!

Poison control did say that if I was going to get an "overdose," than research didn't show that this was a very dangerous drug for me to get too much of - but he thought it would be a good idea for me to go get "labs" to check my liver & kidney's to see if any damage was done.

BUT...I don't act "sick" - I am just very "cranky" - that's nothing new though..I'm pretty cranky a lot of the time anytime. 

My mommy isn't really okay with the idea of more "labs" done - after all, "what" can really be done for me if there is damage...

AND who would really be able to "pinpoint" which drug (since I have had SO SO SO many) really did the "damage" - if there was any damage done anyway.

My mommy never did hear from my Dr.'s office, so I guess we'll see what happens...

I am a real fighter and I am such a miracle baby.  Nothing that has happened to me has been able to keep me down...not even an overdose...

Feeling super grateful to be home with my family...AND feeling super grateful that Nana is still here too...

No comments:

Post a Comment