I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 23

Today was an "ok" day.

I had a test called an "Upper GI" to see what is going on "inside" my body. 

I "passed" the test in the way that the "fluid" went "into" my stomach, "past" the pylorus, "into" my intestines and "out" into my diaper (the normal process way.  This was great news because it meant I didn't have Pyloric Stenosis.)  BUT...I "failed" the test in the way that when I "drank" from a bottle, I "let" the fluid run into my lungs and didn't protect my airway. This is a problem...

So, in order to protect me from myself, they took out my NG tube and inserted an NJ tube, so I could be fed directly into my intestines.  The "thought" process in doing this is that I will bypass the stomach and maybe I won't reflux so much so my esophagus can rest, my airway can rest, my lungs can clear up and rest and I will be a new boy.

They think that my recent bout with Pneumonia was actually caused from ME "refluxing" food up over and over again AND because I don't protect my airway very well...I aspirated, causing the Pneumonia. (The Pseudomonas is another story and they don't know "where" this came from.)

 I still sound very "croupy" but they hope this new "solution" helps.

My mommy and daddy say I have ONE GREAT temperament and they can't believe everything I have gone through already.

Today was my Nana and Grandpa's Anniversary, but my Nana is here with me and helping my family.  They are very good Grandparents.


What is an Upper GI Test?

http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=uppergi

What is a NJ Tube?

http://www.chop.edu/service/radiology/interventional-radiology/nasojejunal-nj-tube.html

What is Pyloric Stenosis?

http://www.pedisurg.com/pteduc/pyloric_stenosis.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment