I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 53

Well folks, I had kind of a rough day..

Before I start, I just have to say that I have THE best Doctors and Nurses EVER!!

I am having a really hard time breathing.  My airway is just to small to have "swelling" in it.  The "air" is having a hard time getting in.  I am retracting really hard and breathing super hard and fast.

My Nurse gave me a mask with some steroids today and it "helped" with the swelling just a little, but I am still working hard.

My Doctor came in and just "watched" me for a good 30 minutes or so, not really saying a whole lot.  Afterwards, all he had to do was look at my mommy and Nana and they knew what he was thinking.

He was thinking that I am working WAY too hard to breathe and if I keep going at this pace, I will tire myself out in the middle of the night and then we will be in an emergency situation.  My mommy didn't like the thought of a breathing machine again, but knew that it really was for the best.

So to "beat" an emergency situation, we decided it would be best to insert the breathing machine in me again and give me a rest.  OUCH...OUCH...OUCH.  This is NOT a fun process and I am not a real easy "intubation" because of my small airway formation.  Thankfully they sedated me and thankfully my mommy and Nana didn't stay and watch.

It's been a tough few days for me. Pneumonia in lungs, 3 iv's, replacement of feeding tube into intestines AGAIN, reflux & ALL the antibiotics/medications have worn me out.

I'm going to sleep now...

Keeping the faith of wellness...

1 comment: