I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Thursday, March 24, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 99

Today is Sunday.  It is a beautiful day outside and they opened the blinds so I could get some light. 
They started me back on food today. Elocare formula.  Due to my lack of tolerance last time, they are going REALLY slow.  Like, 1.5 mills per hour, slow.
Since we are treating this "mystery" infection "blindly" and still looking for answers today my mommy and daddy consented to doing a LP (Lumbar Puncture) to get some fluid out of my spinal cord so we could  rule OUT a bacterial meningitis infection.  The reason they consented to this is because after my blood draw, they found that my CRP (a way of determining inflammation) went UP again, not down after already being on strong antibiotic. 
A "LP" is a sterile procedure and one of my favorite nurse practitioners (at this hospital) was able to do the procedure.  They explained it to my mommy I needed to be held kind of in the same "position" as when "she" had her epidural.  Kind of curled up.
To help me relax, they gave me Ativan 2 hours before, Fentanyl 30 minutes before and Ativan 30 minutes after the procedure.  I was pretty gorked out "afterwards" but during the procedure, I surprised them yet again...I am a fighter because I didn't "calm" or "quit squirming,"...even with all of that sedation.  I was a moving target and I did NOT like to be curled up and held in that weird position AT ALL. 
It takes 3-5 days for the culture to grow out completely, but the blood tests that they ran on the LP fluid, didn't show an indication of meningitis.
After my procedure, I slept for a very long time.

Remaining faithful for my total wellness!!
What is a Lumbar Puncture?

2 comments: