I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Thursday, March 24, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 92

I don't feel very good today and I was sad to see my daddy and Nana go home (so was mommy.)

After my puking up blood incident last night, they decided to do an ultra-sound on my belly and low and behold..SURPRISE...they found an enlarged Pyloris.

What this means is that all of my aggitation HAS been for a reason.

When you eat, the food from your stomach goes through a canal called the Pyloris and into the intestines and "out."

BUT...when you have an enlarged Pyloris, it means the "canal" from the stomach to the intestines has grown and is blocking stuff from moving through at a "normal" rate.

During my first surgery, they made a Nissen (took my stomach and wrapped it up around my esophagus to create sort of a one way valve that is supposed to stop the reflux.)

Since that surgery, they have been forcing food into me (continuous feed) and I am not tolerating it welll at all, but they keep giving it to me AND sedating me because I am so grumpy.  This made my mommy so upset everyday when I just kept getting and getting Ativan. She even at one point said that she thinks it is masking a problem, but she didn't know "what" the problem was.

This totally explains WHY my g-tube is leaking stuff OUT of it AND why I threw up too.  It makes perfect sense to my gagging, wretching actions when I am being fed food too.  If you put enough pressure into a small stomach, it will take the path of least resistance (out the g-tube) and when that doesn't relieve the pressure, then it goes out the next best place...UP THROUGH the newly made Nissen and OUT my nose and mouth.

Pyloric Stenosis was a condition that I was checked for while I was in the St. George hospital during my "upper GI."  The contrast moved right through my belly, my pyloris, my intestines and out at a normal rate of speed. My mommy's friend also mentioned this condition and my mommy brought it up with the Doctors again and it was ruled out at that time.

Since I was being fed NJ (nasojejunal tube) feedings into my intestines, we were bypassing my Pyloris all together. I was going to the bathroom totally "normal" and so this wasn't something anyone could have known, UNTIL..they started feedings into my stomach again, through my g-tube and it didn't have a way to to pass into my intestines.

This condition is commonly found in "caucasian, 1st born males" and usually found around 5-6 weeks of age.

Since I was ORIGINALLY due on 1/30/2011, "gestationally" I was 6 weeks old today. 

My mommy signed the paperwork to have my surgery tomorrow, and on the paperwork, it was written that they would also "check" to make sure the Nissen had not been compromised - since I had a fair amount of blood in my reflux last night.

If the Nissen had been compromised, then they would "repair" it.

Moving forward in faith...

What is Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyloric_stenosis

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article! We will be linking to this great article on our site.Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete