I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 51

I had a WAY rough night and day. My parents "were" really looking forward to the "scope down the nose" test tomorrow to "see" what is REALLY going on. I'm WAY too sick for that now though.

My oxygen saturation kept dipping pretty low and this requires "clearing" my airway..."SUCTIONING." 

BUT..suctioning causes MAJOR MAJOR refluxing problems...at first it was bright yellow stomach content, but then it sort of looked "milky" white color...and that is "strange" since I am being fed INTO my intestines and the formula shouldn't be coming back up from down there...

I also had a tinge of blood in my reflux and this became very worrisome because of my past history...

The Nurse on duty made a decision to move me "back" into my private room where I would have very close observation.

When I got over there, they noticed that I kept arching backwards as far as I could go and when I did that, my tongue would fall backwards and kind of "block" my already small, swollen airway so I would have more trouble (than I already was) breathing.

So, while my daddy was holding me, they decided to take a "C" shaped plastic thing and try to "depress" my tongue so that it wouldn't get in the way of me trying to breathe. (SIDE NOTE:  Due to my chromological situation, I am formed with a very small airway and if you add "swelling to that, it makes it HARD to get air down.)

Well...I didn't like the "C" shaped tongue depressor AT ALL.  I fought them hard as they were trying to get it "in" but once they got it in, I decided I didn't want to do this anymore.  My oxygen went to ZERO.  My heart rate was plummeting downwards.  My color went from pale to WHITE within a few seconds.  I just didn't know "how" to breathe when my tongue was restricted.

My daddy is so brave.  He was holding me as they were running around trying to get oxygen back on me and get this tongue depressor thing OUT.

My mommy saw my oxygen number go to ZERO and she had to leave the room.  She was so scared.

They got me breathing again and knew something wasn't right with me.

AND...based on my past history, they knew they better start the "testing" again. 

Here comes the IV, (found on the first poke THANK GOODNESS) blood draws, x-rays of my lungs, Replogle suction tube and more.

Yep..you guessed it...my lungs have fluid in them but since the test results aren't "officially" back yet, they "guess" that I have Pneumonia AGAIN and Psuedomonas AGAIN!

BUT....My CRP is 13 (not 37 like last time.)

I am taken from my crib and put back into an incubator...I have had a "de-graduation" from my big boy crib.

It's almost like a REPEAT of before...BUT...we caught it much earlier because we KNEW WHAT TO LOOK FOR THIS TIME.  Awesome Medical Professionals!!

I think my mommy and daddy are in shock about this and they cannot believe what is going on.

Prayers are going up by the second and I can use them...so can my parents...

1 comment: