I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 32

Today was a hard day for my mommy and daddy (probably more for my mommy because she is just having a "hard time" dealing with all the "stuff" that is going on with me anyway. Probably a combination of hormones, early c-section and sick baby.  My daddy is pretty "level" headed and not a whole lot gets him "upset."  They are a pretty good combination.)

My head has not "grown" since I was born and I am not actively "sucking" on my binky.  So, it was brought to my parent's attention today that there may be some "neurological" brain stuff going on with me because "sucking" is a neurological brain function and my head SHOULD be growing by now if there is brain activity.

The "possible" theory is that since my blood sugars were "low" at birth (and they don't know "how long" they were "low") and since "sugar" feeds the brain...they don't know how long my brain wasn't getting adequate sugar amounts.

This may be the reason for the "non-sucking" and "non-head growth" situation.

This was very hard for my parents to hear because of "everything" else I had already gone through..they just thought "how can this be? and how much more can we take?"

I am sure the Doctors don't like to have to talk to mommy's and daddy's about this either, but parents REALLY DON'T LIKE TO HEAR ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

Babies are very amazing and they can NOT be doing something one day and start doing it the next.  PLUS..I was still NOT supposed to be here, so my development is still happening AND I have a ton of people holding the faith for me.

BUT...Since I was still a preemie, they didn't know anything for "sure" and they felt as though they needed to "prepare" my parents for "all" the possibilities. (WOW!! There are a lot of "possibilities" and they are not all in the most positive" light either.)

They suggested doing an MRI on my brain when I was at least three months old.

Thank goodness I have a lot of people praying for me today AND for my parents too (they need it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment