I'm Three

I'm Three

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Thursday, March 24, 2011

DAY OF LIFE 94


I do my very best to keep these people on their toes.

I've had 6 iv's in the past 3 days & they are running out of places to "stick" me NOT TO MENTION I've had MANY heal sticks too.  My heals look like pin cushions.

So..to avoid MORE IV's, they want to put in "another" central picc line as they still need iv access to "feed" me adequate nutrition while they try & work me up on my food volume.

My mommy and daddy don't like picc lines (I've already had 2 - one in my arm and one in my leg) BUT they also don't like me to have 6 IV's in 3 days either.  Catch 22 situation.

The surgeon came to check on me today and my mommy again brought up why they didn't "check" for Nissen damage while they were operating.  He really didn't know "why" my mommy was asking this and said that they would never "check" for Nissen damage during a "Pyloric Stenosis" surgery.  They would only check for Nissen "damage" during an upper GI test.

He apologized and didn't know "where" my mommy had gotten her "mis-information."  SO...my mommy had him pull out the consent that she had signed for my surgery and written right on there was a statement that indicated they would "check" for Nissen damage during the surgery.

I think that the surgeon was a little embarrassed AND frustrated too that my mommy had been told this AND she signed a consent for it BUT it never got "passed" along to him.

So..who knows if my Nissen got damaged or not...only "time" will tell.  My parents will just keep the faith that it didn't.

Since I'm was "already" intubated with a breathing machine & I'm "already" getting sedation, they did an MRI on me too.

I have to be SO STILL during this process so this was good timing..

The reason for the MRI is because I had low blood sugars at birth and they aren't sure "how" long my brain was going WITHOUT sugar so they want to check and see what my brain looks like.

Guess what?...My MRI is totally NORMAL!!

They the removed breathing machine today too BUT they had to suction down my nose & throat..THIS HURTS ME, but has to be done sometimes I guess.  I am very hoarse and my already soft cry, is almost totally non-existent.

I had kind of a hard "procedure" day and I need rest...however, the faith for my total wellness is ALWAYS continued. 

1 comment: